Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Some Things Never Change :)

My mother is so wise. The night I started to unpack, I went to the bathroom to put something away and the next thing my mommy heard was a bang and "OW!" and I hear the true true statement of " O sweetie, some things never change" quickly followed by the laugh I had missed all semester. Yes I ran into the cupboard door but whatever I run into things all the time. But that statement has stuck with me all week while I've been getting used to being home again.

Some things really never do change and I'm so very glad. Seems like everything has been changing this past year. Some changes obviously more pleasant than others but still I'm so glad for the things that didn't change. I'm glad i got picked up at the airport in the car I got dropped off and picked up in during high school. And I'm glad my mom and I cried like little girls. And I'm glad she put up balloons and made me take pictures outside the house just like when I was little. And I'm really glad the house was still the same. I'm so glad I was reminded of all the sweet times I've had with my family throughout the years.

Of course I miss BYU and all my friends like a hungry racoon misses a smelly trash can or like a pig misses mud on a hot day. I couldn't have gotten through school without them. But I'm so glad to be home for the summer.

I love Texas.
I love home.
I love that some things never change :)

1 comment: